Looking forward to Easter, but a bit concerned about the vegan eating bit – especially as we are eating out to celebrate my sister’s birthday on Sunday.
But enough about concerns about the future – what about What I ate Wednesday – another Monday of eats for me 🙂
- Breakfast: I started my Monday with a delicious smoothie. I went to a new local health food shop with my Mum at the weekend, and we both bought a box of fresh dates. So, my Monday smoothie, inspired by Deliciously Ella was banana, dates, raw cacao and Inspiral banana Supergreen bites sprinkled over the top. I love my Inspiral goodies – next on my list are their crackits, and Berry cheesecake dessert pot – wow!
- Snack: Another discovery this weekend was Amazake – fermented grain dessert. It’s all creamy but dairy free. I used to love a yogurt everyday, so this is happily replacing that at the moment. I had some as a mid morning snack. This was the Oat Amazake, looking forward to trying the other flavours!
- Lunch: I made a quinoa salad with tempeh, steamed broccoli, raw carrot and chickpeas. Drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
- Snack: before I went home I ate a slice of Everfresh sprouted wheat bread with carrot and raisin spread with cashew nut butter – yum!
- Dinner: After the gym and x-biking I came home and had homemade vegan sweet potato gnocchi. I was concerned it wouldn’t work very well, but I was really pleased with how they turned out. I’ll have to do a post on these. I served them with an avocado and cucumber sauce over steamed kale – yum!
I can’t help but feel I am relying on shop bought foods – superfood bites, bread and amazake. I guess it’s not too much on this day – what do you think?