Sorry I didn’t get this finished by last week’s What I ate Wednesday – it was a busy week after a weekend away.
But here, as promised, you have my eats from our full day at Fitness Fiesta.
- Breakfast: We had 3 classes before dinner the night before and I knew I had 4 classes before lunch, so I stocked up on a good breakfast. You will see a small bowl of porridge – I only ate a bite of that, like Golidlocks it was too sweet, but I did try to nibble off all the dried fruit – ok so I’m a contradiction! So instead I had prunes, a slice of tinned peach and yogurt with muesili and all bran over the top. I followed that with a slice of brown toast, half topped with butter and jam, the other half with beans and a bite of sausage – gave the rest to Ben. There is a pictured banana but I saved that for later – but I didn’t find time to eat it. I had coffee with my breakfast, so to help to absorb the iron I had a glass of orange juice on the side.
- Exercise: I started with Dance to Dance, on to Burlesque Dolls, to XCo Gladiator and GRIT Cardio.
- Lunch: We didn’t stop for more than 15 minutes between classes so I didn’t have time for a snack. There was all sorts of amazing breads, but I was particularly taken by the wraps – it’s so long since I had a white wrap 🙂 I filled it with salad, a dollop of hummus, then found the chilli, I put in both meat, and veggie chilli and topped it with a bit of cheese. I took a couple slices of roast turkey and ate that with a nibble of Ben’s bread roll.
- Exercise: We took a walk around the grounds, but it started to rain so we headed back. Ben watched the rugby while I waited until it was a good time to try to get into UGI ball. Our next – and final – ticketed class was still a while away and I hoped I could get into another class. All was well, and I squeezed in. Following that class Ben met me for our last class of the day, Corebar Vital. We finished that class before the other classes finished so we took a relaxing dip in the pool.
- Snack: When we got back to the room I grabbed a pear that I had taken from the lunch buffet. I knew that dinner was about an hour away and I didn’t want to turn up really hungry and go overboard. Having said that:
- Dinner: We were presented with a three course buffet dinner. I started with the salad bar, and filled my plate with leaves, topped with a watermelon and feta salad, some chinese style vegetables (cold) and some tomato slices with olives. The main course was pork in gravy or mackerel with lemon, there were also vegetarian options, but I didn’t look much into that. I took a piece of each of the proteins but held back on the ‘sauce’, I took a slice of roasted sweet potato – delicious, and filled the rest of my plate with steamed veg – a selection of cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, peas and mange tout. By the time I had finished that off I wasn’t hungry, but I saw the rice pudding, which I had been craving, so I had a spoonful. turns out I’m not really a fan of cold rice pudding 🙂 I nibbled on a grape and a couple of raspberries and had a taste of Ben’s warm toffee cake/dessert thing.
- Dancing: After lunch we went back to our room to let dinner go down, then at 9.30 we went to find the entertainment and had a bit of a boogie before we fell into bed, and slept well until the next morning when we go to do it all over again 🙂 (well, for half the day, at least)