Whoop whoop – It’s What I ate Wednesday. Which means we all get to
indulge our nosey sides seek inspiration from all the yummy food out there.
I guess it should be Fall into good habits – yep, squash/pumpkins are in daily rotation so I guess it is now autumn (hey, I’m British).
Did I have any good habits? I hope so! I recorded this on Monday, I had a course at work, so things were a bit different (well, I still took my own lunchbox – lunch wasn’t provided). So here you have it:
- Breakfast: I opened a bag of out-of-date rice wraps at the weekend. They were my favourite lunch for a while (check back, you’ll see them). But as with everything – they went out of fashion with my tongue and I ended up with a packet at the bottom of the bread bin. So I now have to use them up – I used it to make a healthy ‘pop tart’ type thing – filled with mashed banana and a drizzle of cashew butter, folded and toasted on a frying pan. On the side I had half a baked sweet potato with a dollop of ricotta and a sliced fig. A big breakfast to start the day.
- Mid-morning: I had a coffee as soon as I got into work, and answered a few emails before I went to the training session. There was tea and coffee on arrival, but I was running late so I skipped it. About 11.00 we stopped for a comfort break and more refreshments. I had a cup of tea, and I took a packet of biscuits (harps back to my student days – can’t resist free food) but I didn’t eat them because I had a nakd bar in my bag – much more nutritious.
- Lunch: Monday usually means pilates – but I was at the course, so it didn’t fit in. Lunch wasn’t provided so I made a chicken salad which I took outside to eat in the sun. I cooked up some chicken breasts in the slow cooker on Sunday (yay for food prep) and shredded them to make chicken salads for the week. With lettuce, cucumber, a carrot and a sprinkle of sweetcorn. I followed with an apple. I nipped back into the office to grab a prune yogurt – gotta love prunes 🙂
- Snack: I decided I wanted a snack before my exercise classes, so I grabbed some prepared roasted squash, cooked according to Lucie’s (FitSwissChick) recipe – loving the addition of curry spice – and dolloped on some Nuts n More cinnamon raisin almond butter. I had a little bit of apple pie quest bar left from the weekend- so I ate that too.
- Exercise: My toughest evening of exercise – BodyPump followed by X-biking.
- Dinner: I was knackered and hungry when I got home, so I desperately tried not to eat everything in the fridge while I made dinner. Thankfully it was a quick omelette for me: one egg and an unspecified amount of egg white, with mushrooms and tomatoes, sprinkled liberally with low fat mature cheddar. It was looking all colourless so I added a bit of lettuce and a drizzle of curry ketchup I bought at the weekend. Doesn’t it look delicious – no, actually it looks like something the cat threw up – sorry!
- Dessert: I couldn’t resist a little nibble of homemade chocolate biscuit bar/brownie when I cut Ben a slice for his dessert.