Hello, happy hump day 🙂
This is actually a What I ate Wednesday – yes, I recordered it last Wednesday. What’s so special about Wednesday? I hear you cry (ok, perhaps you don’t care that much). But I do, because it’s smoothie day!! Whoop whoop.
I don’t know what will happen when the weather turns and I no longer want my icy smoothies – perhaps I will replace it with more coffee – who am I kidding? If I drank anymore coffee you might as well set me up with an IV drip – hey, we all need our vices 🙂
Thanks, as ever, Jenn for hosting – awesome lady!
Right, so into the food (and smoothie).
- Breakfast: Wednesdays are a crazy-arse day, where I get up at 6am and am out the door in 15 minutes so I can get to the gym for a Synrgy class before work. By the looks of things I had a bit more time last week as I managed to make oats and hot chocolate almond milk 🙂 I even chucked a marshmallow in for some instant energy as I rushed out the door for the train (that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!) the marshmallow made it really hot – I won’t be doing that again. The oats were made with boiling water, soya yogurt, half a banana and some raisins scattered over. I made the mix the night before and just added water and yogurt.
- Exercise: Synrgy – an intense HIIT class. That one was particularly intense, with weighted lunges, goblet squats, push press, trx row and my nemesis – the battle rope. You never know what to expect in advance – just go with it!
- Smoothie: My intense workout early in the day means I justify a fruit smoothe. I can’t abide places which advertise smoothies on the menu, and when you go to order you find it’s just syrup!! Ahh, hate it. I walk into town to get mine from FIVE Juice Bar. They’re all made to order, which is great as you can tailor it a bit more. The contain low fat yogurt, apple and orange juice and the fruit flavours you choose. This one was their special offer strawberry and banana.
- Lunch: When I got back to my desk I had my lunch. Terrible photo because I took it with my iPod Touch because I was embarrased to take a photo at my desk Anyway, we have Romaine lettuce, roasted carrots and butternut squash, tinned tuna mixed with taco spices and topped with some crunchy kale chips. No yogurt or fruit to follow as I had fruit and yogurt in my smoothie.
- Snack: I didn’t take a snack with me, as I thought I should be able to manage without. Sadly I was wrong, so I raided the cupboards when I got home and had a homemade peanut butter and white chocolate cookie, and a piece of biltong I had snatched. Never tried it before, it was very salty, but nice.
- Exercise: I used to do Yogalates on a Wednesday – but my favourite is BodyJam at the moment – so I’m getting it in where I can 🙂
- Dinner: Dinner was a cheesy omelette (one egg I think) with courgette, and a corn-on-the-cob and roasted tomatoes on the side. I barely touched the corn, probably becasue:
- Snack: I made some pumpkin bread – processed oats, pumpkin, half a banana and 1 egg with loads of cinnamon and some raisins added for extra sweetness. I tasted as I made, then took a nibble off the end – probably spoiled my dinner a bit – oops.