I was going to share my birthday eats from Friday – but the day turned out crazy when Ben surprised me at 9.30am with tickets to Harry Potter Studio Tour, a few hours later. We had a 3.5 hour drive across the country from Devon to just outside London ahead – and then a return journey meaning we didn’t get home until 22.20, so the food plans went awry.
Lucky girl that I am, I continued my birthday celebrations with brunch with friends on Saturday, and a family meal on Sunday. So – I recorded my Sunday eats: so to the food 🙂
- Breakfast: I started the day with a smoothie made in my new blender (a birthday present) and served in the mug I got at Harry Potter Studios 🙂 How grown up am I?!?!? In it was sweet potato, chocolate almond milk, and some berries from the birthday cake made by my wonderful, and very talented friend, Nic.
- Snack: We usually go to Costa coffee after our swim, this time we switched it around and had coffee first, then back for a swim. I forgot to take a photo of the soya cappuccino.
- Exercise: Swim – because we left it late, it was a general session rather than lanes, we did what we could, swerving around families and teenagers. Ben spent some time coaching me on my front crawl, which was good.
- Lunch: We went to Wagamama for lunch, and I ordered the Bean and noodle salad with free green tea. Ben ordered a sake to share – I don’t usually drink alcohol, so a couple of small cups of sake was my birthday treat. I wanted to order a carrot juice as I had a voucher for a free juice, and I’ve never had carrot juice – but the waitress didn’t come round as often as we would have liked, so no one got to order a second drink. Thankfully Ben had planned ahead and got us the sake alongside a soft drink for him. They gave us a slice of chocolate gateaux, which I nibbled, but didn’t really want.
- Dinner: Ok, I know – not good! All I fancied was a corn on the cob for dinner. I’d nibbled at the homemade granola (see below) and the cake at lunchtime. Say no more.
- Extras: Twice I tried to make granola, and twice I burned it! Rubbish! As mentioned above I did have nibbles of the raw mixture to ensure I was getting it right.