So, as my order arrived on Tuesday, I thought it would be great to use for my What I ate Wednesday. I’ve only tried one recipe of the three that are delivered, so I’ll go into a bit more detail later in the week.
Other than Hello Fresh, what did I eat on Tuesday?
- Breakfast I started the day with my favourite breakfast sweet potato. This time I had some chocolate Co Yo. It was really nice; rich and creamy. It kept me full for hours!
- Lunch The coconut yogurt filled me up so much that I didn’t need a morning snack. Ok, I was hungry by the time lunchtime came around, but it was so close to lunchtime it didnt’ seem worth it. So for lunch I had a seeded pitta bread with homemade coquina squash hummus. On the side I had some Inspiral kale chips and a couple of carrots. I followed it up with a Pink Lady apple – yummy!
- Snack I had made some overnight oats (well, during the day oats doesn’t sound the same) with pumpkin, oats, water, cinnamon and some sultanas and crunchy homemade granola oats. It was a bit sloppy, so I put it in the microwave at work to thicken it up.
- Exercise When I got home I went to the gym with Ben. A Rejuvenation Yoga class followed by a HIIT session in the gym. I was really proud of Ben when he got a bit further into his hamstring stretch during partner assisted stretching.
- Dinner This was where Hello Fresh came in. I made the Beef Bulgogi the first night. Because I don’t eat meat, I took some mushrooms from the fridge and marinated them. Oh my goodness – they said that marinading it for an hour “made a HUGE differene to the flavour” but WOW! It was delicious. Instead of the rice (which was cooked to perfection) I had a corn-on-the-cob, and added some asparagus to the tenderstem broccoli. Mmm….I would definitely try this again! The BENefit 😉 to the fact that I only ate part of my meal is that Ben had leftovers for his work packed lunch – WIN!
Check back later in the week to see my review of Hello Fresh.
Remember, to get £20 off your first order you can use the code:
Would you try a meal delivery company? Do you like to have the same breakfast, or do you change it up regularly? Do you find meals with fat in keeps you fuller for longer?
Tagged: Beef Bulgogi, breakfast, dinner, discount code, Food delivery, Hello Fresh, hummus, Korean, Lunch, overnight oats, pitta, promotion, salad, Snack, sweet potato, What I ate, What I ate Wednesday, WIAW