Hello – It’s Wednesday.
Though I have to say that the long weekend has thrown me somewhat. 4 days of weekend – and only one of them was wet.
However, I did forget to record a day of eats over the Bank Holiday weekend, so I had to make sure I photographed everything on Tuesday – then the battery on my camera ran out, aaaahhhh!
Anyways, here’s the best I could do 🙂
- I started the day with my new favourite breakfast of toast, nut butter, banana, and fresh dates. This time it was gluten free rice and sunflower bread, and peanut butter.
- Mid morning I had a coffee with some porridge made with jumbo oats and almond milk. I crumbled over a little bit of ginger cake for flavour.
- For lunch I had a homemade buckwheat wrap – using Oh She Glows spelt flour recipe, but changing it up to make it gluten free. I filled it with grated carrot, reduced fat hummus (shop bought) and sauerkraut – Raw Health make the BEST sauerkraut, it’s live and full of healthy probiotics!! An apple for dessert.
- For my afternoon snack before I went to yoga and the gym, I had a slice of Everfresh’s Fig and Orange cake. The ingredient list is great: “Figs, Apple Juice, Wholemeal Flour, Filtered Water, Sunflower Oil, Soya Flour, Raising Agent: Sodium Bicarbonate, Sea Salt, Orange Oil” but I did find it a bit dry. Perhaps next time I will stick it in the toaster and have it with some nut butter – perhaps I could have a slice at breakfast 🙂
- When I got home from the gym I made burgers at Ben’s request. He had beef, I had black bean and mushroom. There was a time when I wouldn’t eat bread rolls, I spent ages looking at the nutritional profile of a number of brands for these. I was happy with the low sugar content, high fibre and not too much fat. So I was horrified when I got home and realised that there was egg in the recipe! Gutted. I had one on this occasion, but gave the rest to Ben 😦 Put that to one side, and dinner was really yummy – the burger didn’t set very well, but what do you expect when the ingredients are beans, mushrooms and nutritional yeast?! I mashed avocado onto the roll, added the ‘burger’ and then added a teaspoon of ketchup – Ben and I bought this together and we searched for ages to find one without too much added sugar or salt, and ingredients we recognised – we settled for Biona. I served a green salad of spinach and cucumber on the side.
Do you have a long Bank Holiday over Easter weekend? If you don’t call it a ‘Bank Holiday’ what do you call it? Did you do anything nice 🙂 ?