So, yesterday got a bit side tracked. I shared with you some vegan snacks and treats that I bought and enjoyed over the last week. “But what did your meals look like?” I hear you cry. “What did you eat”? and quite possibly “how did you get enough protein?”
I figured breakfasts are pretty easy to eat vegan, with a few simple swaps if necessary (ie almond milk instead of regular milk), so I’ve focussed on lunch and dinners.
- Top left: quinoa salad, with roasted squash, steamed broccoli and fresh cherry tomatoes
- Top middle: Noodle salad in an avocado and cucumber sauce. Noodles include courgette noodles, leek strips, green beans (fine beans or french beans) and buckwheat spaghetti/noodles. I used to make this sauce with cottage cheese, but I bulked it out with cucumber and a sprinkle of Herbamare.
- Top right: homemade falafel – I have made a few versions of these, this was chickpea and coquina squash with nutritional yeast. I put them in a Mountain bread rice wrap with roast tomatoes and spinach.
- Middle: vegan samosas – I did a samosa tutorial before. This time I used Mountain bread rice wraps as the ‘pastry’. I love the simpleness of these wraps made with only: Rice Flour (70%), Wheat Flour (flour, folate, thiamin), Filtered Water, Iodised Salt. I filled the samosas with a curried coquina squash and green lentil filling. I baked them with my evening meal and took them to work to eat with a watercress salad.
- Bottom left: ‘Nourish bowl’: spinach salad topped with shop-bought reduced fat hummus, sweet potato slices, and aubergine coated with breadcrumbs and nutritional yeast. I keep buying aubergines, and then remembering that actually I’m not sure if I like them. I did enjoy them this way though! I used flax ‘egg’ to stick the crumbs to the aubergine – simply mix ground flaxseed with water.
- Bottom right: Noodle salad with a bean ‘pesto’- flageolet beans, spinach and nutritional yeast. In the noodle salad were cougette noodles, carrot noodles and steamed green beans (french/fine beans)
What’s your favourite? What was your favourite meal this week?
Tagged: baked samosa, Bean, breaded aubergine, dinner, Falafel, flax egg, hummus, Lunch, noodles, nourish bowl, pesto, plant based, salad, Samosa, sandwich, vegan, vegan curry, wraps, zucchini noodles