Hello and Welcome to another What I ate Wednesday post 🙂
This WIAW is from Monday when I was in the office. You would have thought that I would have had plenty of time to plan and prep for a Monday – but alas, Sunday was Sport Relief, and after kicking the day off with a 1.5km swim, I was then running around until my family turned up for the Sport Relief mile in the afternoon.
Afterwards, when all had gone I had a soak in the bath, made a cake for Monday cake swap and that didn’t leave time for much else. I managed to pull something together for Monday though:
- Breakfast was pumpkin overnight oats, made with jumbo rolled oats, tinned pumpkin, and almond milk, with a small bit of ginger traybake crumbled over the top. On the side I had egg white omelette mixed with a teaspoon of low fat pesto.
- I made myself a raspberry chia pudding with raspberries, chia seeds and almond milk. It was a bit sharp so I stirred in some plain yogurt and a sprinkle of cacao nibs – didn’t help much 😦
- For lunch I made an egg salad wrap with carrots on the side. I didn’t think it was very much so I bought some guacamole from the shop at work and dipped my carrot sticks. I don’t usually buy guacamole – preferring to make my own, but it wasn’t bad 🙂 I followed it with my usual apple and yogurt.
- I ate an almond bounce ball on the coach on the way home, which powered me through a gym session and an x-biking class.
- When I got home I cooked some brown basmati rice and heated some lentil curry that I had made in advance. It had kombucha squash, aubergine, green lentils and tomato puree along with spices.
What have your eats looked like lately? Do you buy things on the spur of the moment, or do you plan your meals in advance?