Ok, so it’s a little late for St Patricks Day. I made them on Sunday, and was able to devour them on St Patrick’s Day – but, sorry, it’s a little late for you!
I saw the recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a go.
What do you think?
Ok, ok, not quite. But they were tasty enough…
Matcha Protein Fudge Bars
- 85g almond butter
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- squeeze of 1/4 lemon
- 180g vanilla whey protein powder (I used whey protein, the recipe with vegan protein powder called for less)
- 80g oats ground to a flour
- 4 tsp matcha powder (I used Teapigs)
- dark chocolate, melted for drizzling
- Line a pan with cling film.
- In a bowl, mix together the protein powder, oat flour and matcha powder.
- Add the almond butter, almond milk, and lemon juice.
- Mix until everything is combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. It should be the texture of cookie dough, if it’s too sticky add more protein powder.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared pan and flatten the surface with a spatula
- Slice into bars and drizzle with the melted dark chocolate. Enjoy!
Have you had any Pinterest fails?