Tomorrow (17th March) is St Patrick’s Day, and I’m making a pledge to eat GREEN tomorrow! I’ve even got a green recipe for Monday Cake Swap (an institution in my world 🙂 ).
I think I’ll probably start my day with a green smoothie, or I could have spinach oats 🙂 I’ve got a new jar of matcha or some spirulina.
My lunch will probably be a green salad – perhaps with some green eggs (and ham 🙂 ) or pumpkin seeds.
And Dinner – hmm – more green eggs? HELP ME OUT WITH IDEAS 🙂
So here we have 5 smoothies that I started each day with last week – some were better than others 🙂
- Mmm…Monday’s smoothie was grape and rambutan – do you know this funny little fruit? It was quite fun. I added in a handful of spinach, vanilla protein powder and spirulina and lucuma.
- Tuesday – My Nan bought me some raspberries so I had a banana and raspberry smoothie, again with vanilla protein powder, chia seeds, spinach and spirulina.
- Wednesday – oh dear, Wednesday. It looked so good when I put it in the blender. I decided that I didn’t want to rely so much on protein powder, and focus more on REAL FOODS so I bought some cottage cheese for protein. The fruit was mango and raspberries. I ran out of spinach, so I threw in some chard. I added oats for substance and some spirulina for colour.
- you see the slightly greeny-grey smoothie above – this was it. The chard didn’t break down so it was a bit lumpy (no one likes to chew a smoothie) the cottage cheese overpowered the fruit and the oats (which I forgot to soak) added a grainy-ness. Not my finest moment!
- Thursday I was in a bit of a rush – I woke up late and had to dash for the coach to work. I forgot the recipe I had planned – and I hadn’t done quite enough prep! It comprised of strawberries (not enough), mango, spinach, spirulina and lucuma. It was small and not very tasty. I was meant to add coconut milk powder – but I forgot 😦
- Friday made up for it all though – This was a seriously YUMMY smoothie! Banana and mango with kefir (natural/plain), spinach spirulina and lucuma. Mmm…that was probably my favourite of the week – perhaps after Monday’s grape and rambutan – that was good too!
What are you planning for St Patrick’s Day? Got any green dinner ideas? What is your favourite smoothie recipe?