I had to chuckle when I read Lil’ Miss Fitness Freak’s WIAW post:
“I had the opportunity to make and eat dinner off a plate on my days off…Dinner off a plate may seem silly to you but for a person who loves making nice meals for herself and eats out of containers 5x per week minimum, plated food is cherished food.”
A girl after my own heart! I decided some time ago that lunch out of a box just isn’t the same. I now keep a plate and a bowl in my drawer at work, and everyday I make sure I ‘serve’ my lunch on the plate or in the bowl.
It makes sense – we eat first with our eyes, so how can something be as enjoyable all crammed into a tub?
So what did I have for lunch this week?
- Monday was my What I ate Wednesday day – so you will have seen this lunch already. Rye bread, aubergine hummus and a carrot. Followed by yogurt and an apple.
- Tuesday I worked from home, so I had a quick workout at lunch, followed by this smashing soup and salad combination. The homemade soup was tomato, aubergine and kabocha squash. The salad was little gem lettuce with rainbow chard topped with grated carrot and carrot sticks. I topped it with a ‘fried’ egg cooked in my new non-stick frying pan.
- Wednesday I took a salad – kale and little gem lettuce with a mixed green lentil, buckwheat, aubergine and grated carrot salad. All piled into my salad bowl – there was so much it was spilling over!
- Thursday I made a pitta sandwich filled with tinned tuna, a scraping of hummus (out of my snack ‘ration’) and mashed avocado. It was delicious!!! I had vegan ‘cauliflower cheese’ bites on the side – recipe to come at some point.
- Friday I had a toasted slice of gluten free buckwheat bread, with an egg and cottage cheese topping, with carrot sticks on the side – followed by an apple and yogurt.
Do you prefer to eat off a plate – or are you happy to eat out of a lunchbox? What was your favourite lunch this week?