Hello and welcome to another What I ate Wednesday.
Going old school with today’s logo…huh, I was just feeling it!
So here’s my contribution – this was Monday’s dinners, this week in the office:
- I started the day with a smoothie made from grapes, rambutan, spinach, vanilla protein powder and spirulina – yummy. What’s a rambutan you cry – it’s sort of like a lychee, but it looks like a sea creature. A post on this to come 🙂
- My morning snack was a spirulina and ginseng Bounce ball – these are my favourite bounce balls!
- Lunch was toasted rye bread with aubergine hummus – I baked some aubergine and blended it into shop bought hummus – with carrots on the side. I forgot to take a picture of the yogurt that I followed my lunch with. I had a touch of indigestion afterwards – the rye bread might have been sitting a little heavily.
- Afternoon snack was these lovely little cauliflower cheese bites. Cauliflower baked in a coating of polenta and nutritional yeast – yummy! I just hope I didn’t stink out the coach on the way home. I think they were best crispy and fresh out of the oven – but they were still good the next day!
- For dinner I made a pasta bake – with buckwheat pasta, sweet potato, black beans and tomato, topped with organic feta, and a sprinkle of low fat cheddar.
Inspired by Keepin it Kind 🙂
It’s now a week into Lent – how are you going? I’m still keeping track of one thing to be glad/grateful for each day, and I’m getting those calories burned at the gym. And while I haven’t had any actual peanut butter, I have had a taste of one or two things with it in – think chocolate sauce or nutty salad dressings 😦
Anyway, I saw this fab poem, and I had to share it with you
I saw a famous climber
He was speaking on TV,
He talked of peaks he’d conquered,
And the sights he’d got to see,And just for one brief moment
How I wished that it was me,
For what had I accomplished?
I was boring as could be!
Then suddenly I realised
It was foolish to feel shame,
For all of us climb mountains,
Though they may not bear the name.
We each of us face challenge
And no life’s dull or tame,
Take pride in our achievements
For we all deserve acclaim!
What’s your favourite poem? Have you given up/taken up anything for lent? How’s it going?
Tagged: aubergine, baked cauliflower, black bean, bounce ball, breakfast, buckwheat pasta, dinner, green smoothie, keepin it kind, lent, Lunch, pasta bake, poem, rambutan, Smoothie, snacks, sweet potato, What I ate Wednesday, WIAW