My second post in Love your Veggies Month. Thanks again to Jenn for hosting. Hope you are also enjoying lots of veggies this week!
Here is my collection of eats from Sunday. If you follow me on Facebook you will know that I’ve been feeling a bit poorly with a cold. I’ve been making sure I’m eating right, and getting lots of good nutrition!
My friend told me that I should drink at least 8 cups of green tea a day and I will feel better in record time. I’ve managed at least 6 cups a day, but I don’t think I’ve reached 8 yet.
So what did I eat, and how did I get my veggies:
- I started the day with some oatbran with added raw cacao powder, banana and cacao nibs. I have been known to throw in some courgette or spinach, but I didn’t
- For my morning snack I had a skinny cappuccino and some green tea – I was drinking lots of green tea throughout the day. I should have eaten something else really here, but I didn’t feel like it 😦
- I made up for it at lunch with a socca. I’ve not had one of these chickpea omelettes for ages so it was nice – but as you can see it didn’t cook so well. I put peas and red pepper in the omelette and served some grilled mushrooms and avocado on the side. I followed my lunch with some plain yogurt sprinkled with cinnamon.
- For my afternoon snack I had half an apple with a few almonds.
- My dinner was really yummy and nutritious – So much so that I posted it to Facebook there and then. Baked chicken with garlic and spices, pearled spelt, baked cherry tomatoes and peas. I know I’d already had peas, but I was really loving them that day!
I got my five a day – peas, pepper, mushrooms, avocado, tomatoes as well as apple and banana – but I can see lots of ways I could have improved on my days worth of eats!
Tell me about your eats. Do you get a range of vegetables or do you stick to the same varieties? What are your favourite snacks? I need inspiration 🙂