I’ve mentioned before Ben’s love of all things peanut butter. When we saw this Peanut Hottie at the supermarket, we just had to give it a go.
(Ok, actually it went:
Ben: It sounds nice, but really I’m not sure
Emily: Oh for goodness sake, I’ll buy it then)
As I said, we gave it a go.
Ben quite/kinda liked it, and I knew it would be great for baking!
I also bought a sachet of chia latte powder to try in baking, so I thought I would throw it all together in a low fat blondie bake – yayness!
I saw the recipe for low fat brownies, using apple puree, in my healthy food magazine,. The idea just evolved from there.
Chai Peanut Blondies
- 240g apple puree (no added sugar)
- 1 sachet chai latte powder
- 40g peanut butter powder
- 1 egg
- 100g sugar
- 125g self raising flour (gluten free or wholewheat if required)
- 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- plain, white or milk chocolate chips, as desired
- walnuts, chopped, as desired
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 20cm by 20 cm tin with baking paper.
- Pour the apple puree into a mixing bowl and sift in the chai and peanut flours along with the flour and bicarb of soda.
- Add the sugar, egg and 2tbsp water and mix until combined. Fold in the choc chips and nuts if using.
- Pour the batter into your prepared tin and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the centre feels set – you still want it a bit fudgy.
- Cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes to allow you to removed it easier, then turn out onto a wire rack. When cool, but into squares and serve.
What foods and flavours do you find most irresistible? Have you tried baking with drinking powders? Have you tried baking with apple puree?