Ben and I made a deal many years ago that to avoid the ‘commercialisation’ of Valentine’s Day (or maybe becasue I was cheap!) we would limit our spend to £5.
I was deliberating over what I would buy for Ben when I saw an email selling raw fudge. Ben loves fugde, so I thought it was a great idea. But it was really tiny. Then I remembered that Ben doesn’t like almonds – bum!
So I did what any self-respecting food blogger would do and searched for it on Pinterest.
I came up with some winners! I particularly liked the look of Fig and Cherry’s Raw fudge brownie.
But alas, a key ingredient was medjool dates, and Ben doesn’t like dates. But I knew I could work with the idea and come up with a version.
- 75g cashews
- 2tbsp brown rice syrup
- 1tbsp cacao powder
- 20g raw cacao nibs
- 1tbsp peanut butter
- 2tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Pour boiling water over the cashews to cover and leave for 30mins-1hour
- Simply place the softened cashews food processor and blend, stoping and scraping the sides if necessary.
- Add all the other ingredients and pulse to combine.
- Smooth the fudge into a block, wrap in cling film and place in the fridge until solid. Chop into bite sized pieces and enjoy!
What are you doing for Valentine’s Day? Would you give a homemade present? What do you think about having a Valentine’s spend limit – does it take the romance out of the occasion?