Ok, so I’ve done many more than 3 WIAWs, but because I started by doing ‘themes’ I’ve lost track of how many I’ve posted – Oops 🙂 So here we are at number 3 of pure ‘What I ate Wednesday‘. I wrote that one day I’ll get around to creating a page to bring them all together, “Promise”! And I have. Check out my previous WIAW posts
So what did I eat on this fine day. Actually it was last Wednesday that I recorded these meals. It was my first double yogalates session in the evening, so things were all change. I usually go to the gym at 6pm, then eat afterwards when I get home. But these new yoga classes are 6.30-8.30pm, so it’s a bit later when I get home.
Ben is also out on Wednesday evening at the moment, so it’s just me. My idea was that I would have a light dinner/snack before the class – a bit later than my typical afternoon snack – then have some protein ice cream/berries when I got home afterwards.
Looking back, I didn’t realise how bland my meals looked that day – need more greens! So what did I have?
- I started the day with cocoa porridge with banana and spinach. Oh yeah, I threw in a handful of chopped up spinach into my porridge as it cooked – a great way to increase your daily veg!
- Mid morning I went and got a cappuccino, the creamy milk kept me going until lunch.
- For my lunch I made a ‘coleslaw‘ of red cabbage and carrot in the cauliflower alfredo recipe that I menioned last week. I had 3 portions of veg there in that bowl and a bit of tofu crumbled over. It doesn’t look very impressive though.
- I followed it with a tub of Co Yo coconut yogurt. Yum! it was like eating very tasty coconut snow. I had to laugh because it says it is 1.25 portions in a tub – who wants to leave a quarter portion. I ate it all, but ended up with a tummy ache afterwards 😦 Too much fat? Too much fibre? Could it have been the raw veg in my coleslaw? I don’t know.
- The coconut yogurt didn’t fill me up as much as the real yogurt and apple I had in last week’s post, so I found myself hungry again 2 hours later. I kept going until I got home from work, and made myself tuna on rye toast with a side of peas. Those were the only visible greens all day! Rubbish! But it kept me going in yogalates without feeling that I was going to hurl doing the downward dog 🙂
- When I got home I whizzed up some tofu with frozen blueberries and a little strawberry protein powder. It was like delicious berry ice cream. That was probably my favourite ‘meal’ of the day!