One more sleep to go! It’s Christmas Eve for anyone who celebrates – we do 🙂
I’ll keep this short and sweet – just like me.
I’ve posted every day since I started writing my blog back in May, so I’m going to take a few days off to enjoy the festive season with family. Don’t worry, I’ll be planning some new posts, including a step-by-step guide for making puff pastry. It’s so easy but looks so good!
But before I go, I’ll leave you with this recipe for sweet potato energy bites. I’ve been making them (along with my ultimate energy bites and banana bread bites) to give as gifts – pretty, and healthy too 🙂 Better than truffles!
If you want to see the recipe for banana bread bites see my Facebook page
Sweet potato energy bites
- 200g cooked sweet potato flesh
- 125g almonds
- 100g medjool dates
- 2tbsp vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 2tbsp chia seeds
- 2tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1tbsp christmas liqueur of your choice (optional)
- Ground the almonds in a food processor start to form a flour like mix. Add the pitted dates, sweet potato, chia, protein powder, cacao powder and liqueur if using and continue to blend.
- After a few minutes the mixture should come together all smooth and sticky Scoop up the dough and roll it in your hands to form a ball.
- Place the balls on a plate and continue doing the exact same thing until you’ve used all the mixture. If you wish you can decorate by rolling in goji berries, chia seeds or unsweetened dessicated coconut.
- Store them in the fridge or freezer.
I wish you a truly wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! May you still be searching for that ultimate recipe and may you never run out of ingredients 🙂