It seems everyone is posting cookie recipes at the moment. So I got on the bandwagon and gave a couple of recipes a go. They were a huge hit. I seem to have stumbled on a hit regarding office food.
Big cakes, cupcakes and pies can be around for a few days, but these cookies disappeared as fast as I could make them!
I decided to share both recipes with you in one post – so enjoy!
White chocolate and cranberry…
or and…Mincemeat cookies
They would make a great Christmas gift piled in a cellophane bag and tied with a rbibon.
Cranberry and white chocolate cookies
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 225g caster sugar
- 170g condensed milk
- 350g self-raising flour
- 150g white chocolate, chopped
- 75g dried cranberries or cranberry sauce – I used a combination of both
Preheat the oven to 180C/400F
In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and condensed milk until pale. Mix in the flour and then add the chocolate and cranberries
Take a small handful of dough and flatten with your fingers. Place onto a silicone baking mat or lined baking trays, allowing for room for spreading and bake for about 15-18 minutes or until golden brown at the edges, but still a little soft. Leave to cool slightly and set before transferring to a cooling rack.
I had to explain that these were made with mincemeat, not minced meat!
- 50g unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 200g mincemeat
- 150g caster sugar
- 65g chopped nuts of your choice
- 200g plain flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/400F
- Beat the butter and caster sugar until pale. Add in the egg yolks and mix until well blended.
- Sieve the flour into the mixture along with a pinch of salt and mix well
- Add the mincemeat and the chopped nuts work in
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto a greased baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until light brown
Have you ever given homemade gifts? What have you found popular?