I was reading my Healthy Food Guide Magazine and came across an article about adding protein to your diet. On the page, they had a recommendation for Bench Pressed Oats. (Ok, so this was before my detox)
And if that’s not enough, for my my series on Christmas gifts – I have a recipe for some awesome Christmas flapjacks, with added protein to make for a healthy treat – awesome!
So far I’ve tried the gingerbread and the apple and sultana. They were both tasty, and sweet without added sugar. They are made with xylitol, which I’ve mentioned in my blogs before. I followed the instructions for the first portion – the gingerbread – I made it according to the pack instuctions and I found it a bit wet for my liking. So for my second portion I reduced the water and I found it much better.
I prefer whole oats to instant oats, but these would be great if you are travelling
Christmas Protein Flapjack
- 300g jar mincemeat
- 100g butter
- 3 heaped tbsp golden syrup
- 200g jumbo oats
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 1 tub of Bench Pressed Oats in Gingerbread flavour (or add 1 more scoop protein, and 40g oats)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the mincemeat, butter and syrup in a pan and heat gently for 3-4 minutes or until the butter has melted. Remove the pan from the heat. In a separate bowl mix together oats, protein powder and your packet of Bench Pressed Oats. Pour over the mincemeat mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased 18 x 28cm rectangular tin and press down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden. Mark into squares and allow to cool completely in the tin. When the flapjacks are completely cold, cut into squares using a sharp knife and store in an airtight container.