It’s Sunday so let’s enjoy something sweet: chocolate cookies – YUM!
Enjoy your Sunday Roast at lunchtime, and then serve these for a delicious afternoon tea:
- 125g butter, softened
- 175g dark brown soft sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 25g ground almonds
- 100g plain flour
- 20g raw cacao powder or 35g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- chocolate buttons
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and prepare your baking tray
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until smooth
- Crumble in the ground almonds, and sift in the flour, cacao/cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda and beat until combined
- With dampened hands roll walnut sized balls of dough and space well apart on your baking tray – they will spread as they cook!
- Place one or two chocolate buttons on the top of each
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes if you like your cookies soft and chewy – make it 15-18 minutes if you like a crunchy cookie – we liked them soft!
- Leave to cook on the baking tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Ice or eat as they are 🙂
How do you prefer your cookies – crunchy or soft? What is your favourite biscuit flavour?