Oh, I’m seriously loving chickpea pancakes. After trying them in the past I had relegated them to ‘never try again’ but then I found this recipe and now they’ve become one of my favourite things.
I miss toasted sandwiches since I stopped eating bread. In fact I miss lots of sandwiches. I
drool over look at so many food blogs and see delicious sandwiches, and feel just a little bit sad. Ok, I know it’s not the end of the world, but I am a little bit sad, a little bit. 😦
BUT, no more!
I decided that I would try turning these delicious pancakes/chickpea bread into a warm sandwich.
- Put some tempeh (marinated if preferred) on the grill.
- I made two soccas (is the plural of socca soccas?) out of the recipe recipe above (see link). I removed the first and put it to one side to keep warm.
- I then made the second socca.
- Once I flipped it I topped with slices of organic tomato, mozzarella (vegan if required) and the thinly sliced tempeh.
- Topped with spinach, and the other socca. and heat until the socca is cooked and the cheese is melted.
Shh… do you want to know a secret? Ben and I are completing on our first house today! Yes, we will be on the property ladder! The big move is tomorrow (ok, ok, it’s only a mile away), and we are roping in our family to help. Maybe I’ll make lots of these to keep us going all day 🙂
What’s your favourite sandwich filling?