I didn’t know whether to share this one, but I put it on Facebook and good feedback (ok, ok I had 1 like). You know who you are…this is for you.
I like a korma. Don’t get me wrong I like a good spicy tomatoey curry too. I used to eat korma out of a jar when I was a kid. It’s creamy, nutty and not especially good for you.
I turned to tomato based homemade currys. But it turns out you can have your korma and eat it!
I used a 0% fat probiotic yogurt drink to get the creaminess. The ones I buy are plain, but they have just enough sweetness to really enhance this curry. I added a heaped teaspoon of ground almonds for the nuttiness, and they really shone through.
People who regularly eat nuts tend to weigh less than those who don’t eat them. Moderation is the key, so you can enjoy this curry without worrying about your waistline!
Cheat’s Healthy Korma
- 80g cauliflower
- 80g chopped tomatoes from a tin
- 100g 0% fat probiotic drink (plain) or vegan alternative
- 10g ground almonds
- 1tsp mild curry powder
- 100g diced chicken breast, or chickpeas
- A sprig of fresh coriander
- rice, to serve
- Steam your cauliflower florets. I had some precooked leftover.
- Fry off your chicken, or chickpeas until cooked through.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir in your curry powder. I like suma mild curry powder which has no added salt or sugar.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, adding water if necessary.
- Stir in your probiotic drink and ground almonds.
- Serve with a slice of lemon and rice.
Do you prefer creamy or tomato based curries?