I’m not sure I have much to say today. I’ve had a busy week, and I think my brain is now on go slow. Roll on the weekend!
Here’s a recipe that I was surprised was as good as it was. I bought some red quinoa, and I’m enjoying that more than the black I bought, which was a bit crunchy in my opinion. Maybe I could combine my three quinoas – black, red and white – and have a triple soya and triple quinoa salad.
This delicious dinner contains 33g of protein – leave out the egg white and you still get a good 25g of protein.
Triple soya and quinoa salad
- 100g firm tofu
- 50g soya beans
- 80g carrots
- 10g miso paste, I used unpasteurised
- 50g quinoa, dry weight
- 75g egg white (optional)
- If you have time, wrap the tofu in kitchen paper and a clean tea towel and press to get out as much water as possible. This step is not essential, but makes for a firmer tofu.
- Cook the quinoa according to pack instructions. You could use precooked quinoa if you like.
- Meanwhile steam the soya (edamame) beans – I did this over the cooking quinoa in a tiered steamer.
- Heat a health grill to medium-hot. Slice the tofu and grill.
- Steam the carrots in a non-stick frying pan with a splash of water, cover with a lid, glass if possible.
- If using the egg white , once the carrot has softened, add the egg white, and stir until it scrambles to your liking.
- Stir the miso paste into the carrot or carrot and egg mixture.
- Combine the carrot and egg with the quinoa and soya beans and top with the grilled tofu.