YAY! It’s a Bank Holiday weekend! Boo! My internet service is down, so it’s going to be a quiet weekend! It’s particularly annoying because we will soon be setting off to Munich for our Anniversary hoilday, and I really wanted to get some posts scheduled before we go away.
But at least i will get more attention from Ben – phubbing (phone snubbing) is rife in our house!
So I think I might start my weekend with a nice hearty bowl of oats. I think when I make this next time, I will leave out (or cut back on) the pumpkin. It may just be that Emily’s love of canned pumpkin is now on borrowed time!
High Protein Pumpkin Oats
- 30g jumbo rolled oats
- 80g canned pumpkin
- seeds from 1/2 vanilla pod
- 1 tsp mixed spice, or to taste
- 70g egg white
- walnuts and cacao nibs to serve
- The night before, stir the oats, pumpkin, spices and water to create oat mixture. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, pour the oat mixture into a non-stick frying pan and stir in the vanilla seeds.
- Heat on the hob and stir in your egg white. Stir constantly until the egg white is set and the oats are cooked. Add more water if it gets too thick.
- Serve with your toppings – mine has a sprinkle of cacao nibs and 8g of walnuts.
This contains 12g of protein and 26g of carbs, with only 4g of sugar. A good start to the day, I think!
Do you tolerate phubbing in your house, or do you have a no mobile/ipod/iphone policy?